Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Madilyn Kaydance Shaw




January 11, 2009 at approximately 2 in the morning I woke up to a sharp contraction and a feeling of did I just pee my freaking pants? So I decided to to sit up and see if I started to get contractions and time them before I woke up Buddy, mostly because he is a constant worrier and was finally asleep which is a big deal for someone that normally can't fall asleep so I let him sleep. Well after sitting up stairs on the couch having contractions less than 5 min apart I decided to go lay back down on my bed, only a few min later deciding that yes I was in labor and I should probably wake my husband up.... So I tap on him and say I'm in labor we need to leave now. Buddy -"Are you having contractions?" Me" Yes, less than 5 min apart and they hurt really really bad. I told you I was going to have her this weekend since my mom went to my little nephew Gabe's party down in Layton. HAHA" Anyway we took Burton over to Buddy's mom's house and went to the hospital arriving around 3. The nice little nurse checked me and was like oh shoot you are at a 6 and she is right there. Let me call the Dr. Do you want an epidural? Me"YES!" Nurse" Ok well we'll try to get him here in time but since its the middle of the nigth I'm not promising he'll make it. " The nice nurse then checks me again and I was at an 8 or 9 (don't remember mostly because I was having contractions every stinkin minute) so she calls Leavitt again and tells him to come straight in that there isnt going to be any waiting time. The next thing I know the anesthesologist is there Leavitt is there and a few pokes later it was time to push. At 3:46 Madilyn was born 7lbs, 20 1/2 inches long and beautiful as can be.

2 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

Ooh yay. Congrats. We have a little something for Madilyn and we'll try to stop by one evening.

JHarris said...

That's so great! Now you have one of each!